Hamburg Chamber of Commerce
The building located in the city centre of Hamburg is home to the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, the representation and self-governing body of Hamburg’s business community. The building was formerly used as the Hamburg Stock Exchange, which was opened in 1841. The building hosts a small exhibition of models of convoy vessels from the 17th century. The protection of Hamburg’s merchants through such ships was the purpose for the foundation of the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce in 1665.