The "Hamburg Summit: China meets Europe"
A powerful platform where China meets Europe
The next "Hamburg Summit" will take place on November 26 and November 27, 2018. We are delighted to announce that the Chinese guest of honour will be Mr. Liu He, Vice-Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China.
The “Hamburg Summit” was initiated and organised by the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and took place for the first time in 2004. The conference is a platform for an open dialogue between Europe and China aiming to improve the economic relations and the understanding of each other. Since its implementation, the “Hamburg Summit“ has served as a prominent platform to discuss the main trends and questions regarding Sino-European business relations among politics, business, academic and administrative circles. It aims at creating an open dialogue between Europe and China as a way to improve economic relations and mutual understanding.
In 2018, we are very proud that Mr. Liu He, Vice-Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China will honour the "Hamburg Summit" as the Chinese government's official representative. We are also delighted that Mrs. Margrethe Vestager, Commissioner for Competition will attend the "Hamburg Summit" as the European Commission's representative. The German government's guest of honour has yet to be announced. The Chinese Co-initiator of the “Hamburg Summit“, the industrial organisation China Federation of Industrial Economic (CFIE), will once again bring along high-ranking business delegations to Hamburg.
6 reasons to attend the conference
- The “Hamburg Summit” is the major conference on Sino-European business.
- Exchange ideas among high-ranking international officials and business representatives on a level playing field.
- Interact with Chinese and European leaders from politics, business and academia:
Chinese Deputy Prime Ministers, European Commissioners and German Ministers have participated in every “Hamburg Summit”; in 2006 and 2014 even the Chinese Prime Minister himself attended.
- New Clients, New Customers, New Business. The exclusive circle of approx. 500 participants offers a variety of new business options.
- Boost your business in the European or Chinese market and receive first-hand information on the latest developments and trends in Sino-European economic relations.
- Foster existing international or national contacts, by meeting them to the conference.